This year i have started using Matomo to track visits and have noticed same IP addresses going often every few hours to the same pages. So, stats are a bit skewed by such bots, but in a grand scheme probably are not affected that much. Also, Matomo masks true IP and shows last part as 0.0, so i can’t tell if these are truly the same IPs and of course it is not possible to block them without knowing a real IP. The 2019 stats:
- Posted 110 entries (+38):
- Technology – 88 (+32), although there were less Windows Insider posts, but i’ve explored various other topics like cloud services, Android, statistics, also started posting Microsoft 365 news a few times per month;
- Books – 7 (+7), big increase, hope to keep reading as much and posting about it;
- Board Games – 7 (+1);
- Next Game – 6 (+2), reviewed 1 game more than last year;
- Movies – 3 (-4), watched less movies during Kinopavasaris festival and in general, also not always posting about it, in total probably watched 5 movies this year;
- General – 3 (+1);
- Top 10 – 1 (-);
- Artwork – 1 (+1).
- Sadly, no comments received this year.
I’ve been reminded recently about how long i have spent with IgniteRealtime.org community (a place for XMPP based projects and people using or developing it). So i have checked my forums profile and today is exactly the day i have joined 14 years ago (2005.01.24). This is a few months later than i started at my first job. And my first major task there was indeed to setup an internal communications solution (“like Skype, but for internal usage”). That’s how i’ve found JiveSoftware and then Jive Messenger (later renamed to Wildfire and now Openfire). Then Jive switched to other products and created IgniteRealtime to donate their older projects to the community. I have heard about Jabber (currently XMPP) before and i think have tried it a bit a few years before while studying at university. When i had my first internet line installed at home my ISP also had an internal chat system for its customers based on Jabber. So picking this technology was an easy choice for me. It also was flexible, as you could use any XMPP client and you could choose one better suiting your company’s needs. And it was free 🙂 At first i had a lot of questions, but after a few years i was mostly helping others to fix problems, configure things. It has become a natural daily routine to check forums and reply to a few posts, to pop in into real time chat with developers and users. In 2015 i’ve decided to step in and took over then abandoned Spark project (XMPP client). Although i’m not a developer, so it was mostly managing patches, filing bugs, doing releases and writing a few lines of code here and there. Spark is currently in a limbo with a few major issues blocking its next release and absence of experienced coders contributing to it also hurts, but it still moves forward slowly. Just fixed a few issues the other day. Although we have switched to Skype for Business at work i haven’t quit this community and still looking forward to participate and collaborate for many years onwards 🙂 Read More
As usual, yearly stats of my blog for 2018:
- Posted 72 entries (-67 compared to last year, so it almost went back to 2016 results):
- Technology – 56 (-18, slowed down a bit, less guides and tutorials, mainly Windows 10 Insider builds and other updates);
- Movies – 7 (-1);
- Board Games – 6 (-47, huge drop, mainly because stopped doing Board Games News, not many reviews either, maybe will do more this year);
- Next Game – 4 (-12, less reviews last year; although every review is posted twice in LT and EN, so in reality not such a huge drop – 2 reviews vs 6);
- General – 2 (+1);
- Board Games News – 1 (-26, stopped doing these, it was taking lots of time and became boring);
- Top 10 – 1 (-3, got lazy and combined 4 posts from last year into one:) );
- TV series – 0 (-2, haven’t finished any new series during last year to write about);
- Books – 0 (-1, i have read a few books last year, but didn’t want to write anything; actually finishing a few other books currently, so probably will post about them);
- Artwork – 0 (-);
- Live Session – 0 (-);
- Yes-No – 0 (-).
- Received 2 comments. This time both were board games related for a change 🙂
Same as last year putting here a bit of stats about my blog.
- Posted 139 entries (+61 compared to last year):
- Technology – 74 (+55, mainly because i started covering every Windows 10 Insider build and Office 365);
- Board Games – 53 (+10, this combines both news and reviews and a few other posts);
- Board Games News – 27;
- Next Game – 16 (+2);
- Movies – 8 (-4, i have slowed down on watching lots of movies during spring festival);
- Top 10 – 4 (-6; ran out of ideas);
- TV series – 2 (new category);
- Books – 1 (-, i still read 3-4 books per year, but not always post about them 🙂 );
- General – 1 (-2, i guess i’m getting more focused);
- Artwork – 0 (-2, drawing less, posting them even less often);
- Live Session – 0 (-2, having less big gaming events);
- Yes-No – 0 (-5, ran out of ideas and interest to do such posts, for now).
- Received 12 comments (not counting my replies this time 🙂 +10, mainly because someone mentioned one of my posts on some mailing list).
[LT] Šian sukako antri metai mano blogui. Nusprendžiau kažkokią suvestinę daryt metų gale, taigi jokios statistikos šį kart nepateiksiu. Galima pasakyt tik tiek, kad blogas pasuko šiek tiek kita linkme ir dabar daugiau rašau apie technologijas. Bet apie tai detaliau kitą kartą. O kol kas su gimtadieniu 🙂
[EN] Today it’s two years since the start of this blog. I have decided to do some kind of summary at the end of the year. So not much to say now. Just that the blog has become more about technology stuff. But in more details about that later. And for now – Happy Birthday 🙂
[LT] Lygiai prieš metus pradėjau šį blogą, paskelbiau pirmą įrašą. Per tuos metus iš viso paskelbta 78 įrašai. Sulaukta 4 komentarų (na gera, gudrauju, du iš jų buvo mano atsakymai 🙂 ). Tiesa, kol įdiegiau anti-spamo įskiepį sulaukdavau nemažai spam komentarų kasdien. Šiuo metu blokuota 1347 spam komentarų 🙂
[EN] Exactly one year ago i have started this blog, posted my first entry. During this year 78 entries have been posted. I’ve received 4 comments (ok ok, i’m cheating, two of them were my replies 🙂 ). Although, until i have installed anti-spam plugin i was getting lots of spam comments daily. 1347 spam comments have been blocked by now 🙂
[LT-EN] Paskelbti įrašai pagal kategorijas/Posted entries by categories:
Board Games (43)
Next game (14)
Live session (2)
[LT] Gegužės 23 dieną startuoja kasmetinė akcija-renginys “Burbuliatorius“. Jau aštuntas sezonas 🙂 Kaip greitai prabėgo tie metai. Atsimenu šiek tiek keistoką jausmą dalyvaujant pirmam renginy, kai vidury miesto putėm burbulus. Po to tai pasidarė taip įprasta ir jauku. Ateidavai po darbo kaip į namus. Matei pažįstamus veidus, ar tiesiog atsipalaidavusius, linksmus miestiečius, tai buvo proga susitikti su draugais, su kuriais paprastai retai pasimatydavai. Dar nepraleidau nei vieno sezono, nors teko dėl įvairių priežasčių praleist 3-4 renginius. Deja, bet šiemet Vilniuje prasidės Lukiškių aikštės rekonstrukcija ir renginiui šiam mieste teks persikraustyt į kitą, mano manymu ne tokią patrauklią ir tinkamą, vietą. Nežinia ar po rekonstrukcijos žmonės galės vėl grįžti į aikštę ir tiesiog pasėdėt ant vejos ar tai nebus akylai saugomas “porcelianinis” reprezentacinis paminklas vietoj tokių trūkstamų rekreacinių žalių zonų mieste.
[EN] May 23d is the start of the annual event “Burbulator“. Already a 8th season 🙂 Time is running so fast. I still remember the weird feeling of blowing bubbles in the middle of the city during the first event. Then it became so usual and soothing. You were coming there after a work day and it felt like home. Seeing familiar faces or just relaxing cheerful townsfolk. It was a chance to meet friends, whom you were rarely seeing otherwise. I haven’t missed one season yet, except for a 3-4 single events for a various reasons. Alas, this year reconstruction of Lukiškių square will begin in Vilnius and this event will have to migrate to another, in my opinion not so suitable or charming, place. It’s not known whether people will be allowed to come back to the square and simply sit on the grass after the reconstruction, whether it won’t be some delicate representative and vigilantly guarded monument instead of such needed green recreation zones in the city.