This year i have started using Matomo to track visits and have noticed same IP addresses going often every few hours to the same pages. So, stats are a bit skewed by such bots, but in a grand scheme probably are not affected that much. Also, Matomo masks true IP and shows last part as 0.0, so i can’t tell if these are truly the same IPs and of course it is not possible to block them without knowing a real IP. The 2019 stats:
- Posted 110 entries (+38):
- Technology – 88 (+32), although there were less Windows Insider posts, but i’ve explored various other topics like cloud services, Android, statistics, also started posting Microsoft 365 news a few times per month;
- Books – 7 (+7), big increase, hope to keep reading as much and posting about it;
- Board Games – 7 (+1);
- Next Game – 6 (+2), reviewed 1 game more than last year;
- Movies – 3 (-4), watched less movies during Kinopavasaris festival and in general, also not always posting about it, in total probably watched 5 movies this year;
- General – 3 (+1);
- Top 10 – 1 (-);
- Artwork – 1 (+1).
- Sadly, no comments received this year.
The list of most popular posts (by page views last year):
- WSUS woes with Windows 10 [EN] – 463 (-209), not as huge drop as last year, but slowly declining. Still the most viewed post though.
- Very Basic Openfire + Spark Guide [EN] – 406 (-32), almost the same drop as last year, but still going strong.
- Fixing SSL error when accessing XenServer after KB3175024 update [EN] – 225 (+29), went back to top 3 and even had views number growing as other WSUS posts dropped down. Which is still surprising as Windows 7 should be on decline.
- Office 365 – Deleting users with the same UPN and Display Name [EN] – 161 (new), not sure about this one, it started surging at the end of 2019 and most visits are from Google search, but i don’t see keywords. Maybe something in this old post is coming up in the search often. I hope it is somewhat useful to visitors 🙂
- Kinopavasaris 2018 – Lenktynininkė ir gangsteris [LT] – 147 (new), have posted about this on LinkedIn. All views were generated in a week or so after this movie was scheduled on one local TV channel and many people were looking for reviews to decide whether it was worth watching 🙂 This is also most popular post in Lithuanian on my blog.
- Dealing with Windows 10 feature updates via WSUS [EN] – 133 (-167), as expected, started declining and probably will drop completely this year.
- Enabling Enterprise Mode for Internet Explorer 11 and Edge [EN] – 115 (new), another surprising resurgence of an older post. Maybe more companies are looking into replacing IE with modern browsers lately.
- Kinopavasaris 2016 – Saulėlydžio giesmė [LT] – 91 (new), second most popular post in Lithianian and this is a funny one. I’m pretty sure views are being generated by Twilight Saga fans in my country, because our movie theaters have translated Twilight title badly and my post is about a completely different little known movie. I suspect at some point this might become the most “popular” post in LT here 🙂
- Current state of Windows 10 Feature Updates in WSUS [EN] – 86 (new), i have posted this in April when i was testing Google Cloud and installed WSUS on a VM (still have it running). This post is not that current anymore, but have managed to get some views.
- WSUS 3.0 SP2 mandatory SHA-2 support update [EN] – 83 (new), again a bit surprising that so many people seem to still be using such an old WSUS version, so this post was relevant to them.
- WSUS – Windows 10 April 2018 Update [EN] – 55 (-13), this post is about last year’s update. Surprised it got any significant number of views this year. I guess some companies are 1 year behind on Windows 10 feature updates.
- Office 365 – Skype for Business not so “Smart Contact” [EN] – 54 (new), this post was receiving some views every year and it is strange as Skype is phasing out slowly being replaced by Teams.
- WSUS – updating Windows 10 to Creators Update [EN] – 53 (-104), this is a very old post about a very old Windows 10 update. And what is more surprising – a newer post about Fall Creators update actually dropped out completely (from 268 to 14 views).
- WSUS can’t distinctly identify 1909 version [EN] – 47 (new), one of the last posts of 2019 and should generate some traffic in 2020 for sure.
- Windows 10 May 2019 Update pokyčių sąrašas [LT] – 43 (new), one of the latest posts i usually do about all changes in the recent Windows 10 feature update (in LT).
As last year, my home page received a lot of views also (actually the same number as my number one post – 463). WSUS tag also generated 116 views and Technology category 71. I have updated my About page this year adding a photo and more information about myself. It received 49 views 🙂 Some other posts generated a bit lower view numbers, like Android Q news, a post about Free Teams. The most viewed Microsoft 365 news post was from July 30.
Based on viewers countries France has dropped from 3d spot again:
- Lithuania – 1922 (+325);
- United States – 844 (+28);
- United Kingdom – 199 (-28), went back to 3d place, but still dropping (not as much as last year though);
- France – 165 (-271), last year it was UK with a massive drop, now it is France turn 🙂
- Germany – 145 (-14);
- Canada – 109 (-68);
- India – 99 (+11);
- Brazil – 95 (-44);
- Indonesia – 90 (new);
- Poland – 83 (new);
Last year dropped from top 10 Serbia (8 from 132), Russia (48). A few interesting 1 view entries during 2019: Sierra Leone, Madagascar, Iceland, Luxembourg.